Panama Photography is based in Albuquerque, New Mexico!

Meet PANAMA

Recap: Our Trip to Colorado

Personal

What a crazy couple of weeks it has been since our trip to Denver, Colorado! I wanted to get my email series completed, so I’m just now getting around to sharing about our amazing trip across the country! My husband, Zach, was asked to present at the Examsoft Assessment Conference, so we seized the opportunity to take a mini trip out to Denver. It was an amazing couple of days! We had been wanting to go there together for a few years, but we just hadn’t had the chance to go.

Getting to Colorado

I had planned to edit on the plane, but I flew on Frontier and they had tiniest little tables which made it impossible to get any work done. I didn’t mind it, though. It was really nice to have a few hours to just sit and think about some fun and exciting projects.

After I got to Denver, I had to take the train from the airport into downtown. I must say, Denver’s transportation system is really impressive! It was not only quick and easy, but it was really affordable getting to the hotel. After grabbing some lunch, I went to work. It was so tempting to put it off and go walk around because it was the most beautiful day outside, but I had to get catalogs finished up.

That evening, Zach had to go out to dinner event with friends from the conference, so I met up with my friend from college for dinner. Melissa took me to Avanti Food & Beverage, which is what they call a “collective eatery.” There were 6 or 7 different restaurants inside this one building, and the food was so good! You can also spot one of Kelsey Montague’s angel wing art pieces there, which I was really excited about! I see pictures of her artwork all of the time, but have never been fortunate enough to run into one until now. It was also in an awesome location that basically looked over the entire city!

The Local Eats

The next evening after Zach was done with his conference, we set out to hit up some breweries. We went to Denver Brewing Company, which was probably my favorite brewery that we went to besides C Squared CidersΒ (I am SO sad they don’t sell their ciders all the way in NC). We also went to Little Man Ice CreamΒ and oh my gosh their ice cream was so good! All of their flavors were really unique and just delicious! It’s a good thing we walked so much because we ate horribly that evening.

Weekend Fun

Friday, Melissa took me on a morning hike to Red Rocks Park, and the view was just stunning! I actually ended up taking Zach back there later because it was so pretty there! We walked around for about 1.5 hours or so and headed back into town. I had to get all of our things packed up and wait around at the hotel until Zach’s conference finished up that afternoon. When he was done, my cousin came to pick us up and we headed to a Rockies game. I’m not much of a baseball person, but I really enjoy going to baseball games — they are just so much fun to go and hang out with friends.

Sightseeing

Over the weekend, we drove all around Colorado sightseeing. We saw gorgeous mountains, beautiful lakes, and took the Pike’s Peak Cog Railway up the side of the mountain to the top of Pike’s Peak! The elevation at the top is 14,114 feet — I’m still surprised I didn’t get altitude sickness! The view from the top was breathtaking, though. Seeing nature from heights like this never ceases to amaze me.

Colorado was an incredible trip for us. I think Zach may have liked it a little too much — he kept talking to me about moving there! Rest assured, we aren’t really at a point in our lives where we could do that, so trust me when I say we are going to be staying right here in good ‘ole NC. We do hope we can go back soon, though! I hope you enjoy some of these glimpses into our trip (excuse the cell phone picture quality).

Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre

Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre

Denver Colorado Farmer's Market

Denver Colorado

Denver Colorado

Lake in Denver Colorado

Lake in Denver Colorado

Pike's Peak Railway

Pike's Peak Railway

Pike's Peak Denver Colorado

Pike's Peak Denver Colorado

Pike's Peak Denver Colorado

We were poking fun at those “leading” pictures and Zach was super into it (haha)

Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre

Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre

Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre

Kelsey Montague Art Denver Colorado

If you like this post, you may also be interested in:

How to Prepare for Vacation as a Private Editor

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1. Sarah

July 31st, 2017 at 1:59 pm

Well these totally make me want to visit Colorado now, it looks like you had a pretty incredible time!

2. Hannah

July 31st, 2017 at 2:04 pm

Ooooo this is super helpful!! Thank you!! You really can’t beat Colorado weather too! I am heading to Colorado in August so I’ll have to try some of these things out! Thanks for all the tips, and it looks like you two had a great time! πŸ™‚

3. Audrey

July 31st, 2017 at 2:26 pm

Your landscape shots are just beautiful! I really need to visit Colorado!

4. Colonial House of Flowers

July 31st, 2017 at 2:38 pm

Colorado is our favorite destination for events. Love your work and this post!

5. Nichole Meredith

July 31st, 2017 at 2:55 pm

Colorado is totally on my bucket list to visit!!! Love these pictures!!!

6. Ashley Durham

July 31st, 2017 at 2:58 pm

Glad you had a great time visiting Colorado! It’s the most beautiful place ever!

7. Hilary

July 31st, 2017 at 5:34 pm

I love Colorado!! We just visited last year, such a beautiful place. I love the weather.

8. Laurie Louis

July 31st, 2017 at 5:46 pm

What a great trip to Colorado. I bet you had a great time at the Rockies game. The pictures are amazing.

9. Sharee Davenport

July 31st, 2017 at 5:52 pm

Oh my goodness, what an amazing trip! I really want to take the Pikes Peak train, it looks like an amazing experience. Next time you’re in Colorado we need to hang out!

10. Alice L

July 31st, 2017 at 6:18 pm

I have only been to Colorado to ski so hearing more about what there is to do in the city of Denver is so exciting. The pictures are so stunning and definitely make me want to explore the area.

11. Michel

July 31st, 2017 at 8:05 pm

I am a native to Colorado and I love that you captured a ton of my favorite spots. Manitou, Pikes Peak, The Rockies and Little Man all such good choices! I am so glad you liked this state, I may be partial but I think it’s the best. Also, I am excited to go find the #whatliftsyou wings. I haven’t been to those ones yet πŸ™‚

12. Aryn Baker

July 31st, 2017 at 8:44 pm

It looks like you had a fabulous time in Colorado! Those mountain views are stunning!

13. Janey

July 31st, 2017 at 9:01 pm

Thanks for sharing your trip to Colorado. It looks like a beautiful place to visit.

14. Lynsey

July 31st, 2017 at 9:23 pm

Such a fun adventure. Colorado is on my list. It all looks so amazing and now I know that I need to visit there!

15. Laura Beck

July 31st, 2017 at 9:27 pm

I have always loved Colorado but the elevation sickness gets me every time. Now I have to live vicariously through other people’s trips πŸ™‚

16. Jamie

July 31st, 2017 at 9:40 pm

A tour through Colorado is on my bucket list, looks like a great adventure together! Thanks for sharing- marking this for future ideas!

17. Alyssa Bouma

August 1st, 2017 at 12:07 am

Your trip to Colorado sounds amazing! I haven’t been since I was a teenager but I absolutely loved it there. It just looks so beautiful!

18. Aida

August 1st, 2017 at 7:30 am

I love Colorado! It is such a cool place! You captured it beautifully πŸ™‚

19. April

August 1st, 2017 at 7:52 am

Looks like such a great trip! Fabulous work!

20. Melissa Johnson

August 1st, 2017 at 9:04 am

So glad you had a great trip to my home town!! I love that you went to Red Rocks, it’s one of my favorite places in Colorado!

Be the first to receive educational content, updates, and more straight to your inbox!

to the newsletter