and welcome to my little corner of the internet! I'm Emily Moore, and I am a private photo editor based out of Chapel Hill, North Carolina. For the last 5 years, I've worked with

dozens of photographers across the United states, taught private editors from all over the world, and built a team of incredible editors. I'm a a wife, mom of two fur-babies & one sweet angel in heaven. I love popcorn, yoga pants, & spending weekends with my sweet family!!

Browse by Category

business

editing

education

marketing

photography

social media

personal

Hey there, I'm Emily!

Get to know me

Freebies for You

Downtown Raleigh Anniversary Session | The Overtons

Personal

When One Door Closes…

When I rebranded my business last year, I decided that I would no longer be offering photography services to the masses. This was a difficult decision for me, but I knew my business wouldn’t be able to grow if I continued pursuing both editing and photography. I never had enough time to dedicate to each aspect of my business, and something had to change. I thought giving up photography would be giving up a huge part of myself. Thankfully, I was very wrong.

…Another Door Opens

Even though it was hard to give up photography, it was the best decision I could have made for my business. I now have enough time to dedicate to editing and run a thriving company. It’s one of the biggest reasons I was able to go from two clients to fifteen clients in just one year. It also allowed me to double my income each year for the last three years — that’s a huge deal!

Not only did this decision help me to build a better business, but it also prevented me from burning out. It was only my second year, and photography was already taking a toll on me. It was present in both my job and my personal life, which made it difficult to separate the two. Every vacation I went on, I barely touched my camera just so I could have time to relax. I had tons of family events where I brought my camera, but prayed that nobody would ask me to take it out. To say I was overwhelmed would be an understatement. Cutting out photography opened doors for me that I never could have imagined. It helped me to rekindle my passion for photography, which I’m incredibly thankful for! Now that it no longer feels like work, and I enjoy capturing personal moments in my life once again.

Meet the Overtons | Downtown Raleigh Anniversary Session

It’s been two years since I last photographed these high school sweethearts. I was so honored to when they asked me to do a downtown Raleigh anniversary session for them back in August! Not only are Kate and Cole celebrating two years of marriage, but they also just finished building their first house together AND they’re expecting a little one in March! We also found out this weekend that it’s going to be a boy. That’s right! Zach and I are getting a sweet little nephew! We truly could not be more excited for them during this amazing season of their lives!

Downtown Raleigh Anniversary Session by Emily Moore

Downtown Raleigh Anniversary Session by Emily MooreDowntown Raleigh Anniversary Session by Emily Moore

Downtown Raleigh Anniversary Session by Emily Moore

Downtown Raleigh Anniversary Session by Emily Moore

Downtown Raleigh Anniversary Session by Emily Moore

Downtown Raleigh Anniversary Session by Emily Moore

Downtown Raleigh Anniversary Session by Emily Moore

Downtown Raleigh Anniversary Session by Emily Moore

Downtown Raleigh Anniversary Session by Emily Moore

Downtown Raleigh Anniversary Session by Emily Moore

If you like this post, you may also be interested in:

Recap: Our Trip to Bald Head Island 2017
Recap: Our Trip to Colorado
Our 1 Year Anniversary Session with Candi Leonard Photography

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1. Cara

October 6th, 2017 at 11:06 am

These are so gorgeous! What a classy and beautiful session!

2. Elizabeth

October 6th, 2017 at 1:29 pm

What a sweet connection these two have! I love the light and airy tones to this session and her dress is gorgeous!

3. Mandy

October 6th, 2017 at 1:36 pm

Wow, good on you for putting yourself first and realising what is important in your life. I also decided to cut down on the number of weddings I’m doing in 2018. Loving this session of this gorgeous couple!

4. Jess

October 6th, 2017 at 1:55 pm

Wow, gorgeous photoshoot! I love the colors and how bright and clean your editing is. Congratulations to them on their little baby boy!

5. Kristy

October 6th, 2017 at 2:18 pm

I feel you about getting burned out! I totally get it! Gorgeous images, and adorable couple! So happy for them! Congrats on the baby to them both!

6. Hilary

October 6th, 2017 at 2:32 pm

What a beautiful session. I totally understand your reason for taking the break from photography; I’m glad that you’ve enjoyed it. Great job!

7. Emilyanne

October 6th, 2017 at 3:44 pm

They are so sweet! Full of such joy and anticipation for their little guy! Best of luck to them!

8. Jamie

October 6th, 2017 at 10:08 pm

They look so happy! How special that you made an exception for them and shot this beautiful session – its great to do what you love! <3

9. Stevie

October 6th, 2017 at 10:43 pm

These are all so beautiful!! I can FEEL the happiness. Beautiful job!!

10. Sarah M Holladay

October 6th, 2017 at 11:41 pm

So proud of you for making such a huge decision for your business!! This cute anniversary session looks like a great one to feed that little creative flame inside you. Beautiful work!

11. Sandi

October 7th, 2017 at 12:11 am

I can’t imagine how hard that decision must have been for you to make. I am so glad it worked out 😄

12. Jessica

October 7th, 2017 at 9:20 am

That’s so interesting…I’ve heard a lot about photographers outsourcing the editing but not so much the other way around. I’m so glad you realized what you’re most passionate about and were able to focus on that! This session is gorgeous!

13. Meghna

October 7th, 2017 at 9:40 am

Wow! So proud of you for taking a decision regarding your business. Beautiful pictures in this post too!

14. Alyssa Bouma

October 7th, 2017 at 9:49 am

love that you were able to do what you needed for yourself and your business! and i’m glad that you’re able to
    pick the camera back up now and enjoy it!

15. Whitney Milton

October 7th, 2017 at 10:29 am

These are beautiful! What a lovely couple, they look so happy! My husband and I should do an annivesary session <3

16. Melissa Hirsch

October 7th, 2017 at 11:29 am

dang, good for you cutting back on photography to create a better business and life for yourself! bet you just love doing your photo sessions now! These two are so cute. <3

17. Jennifer Faris

October 7th, 2017 at 1:33 pm

Congratulations on the bold but worthwhile decision to change your business. I love to hear success stories like this! And what a beautiful session…love the clean classic style of these photos.

18. April

October 7th, 2017 at 11:33 pm

Oh my goodness! I love these anniversary photos! Her dress is so pretty and I love all the genuine laughter captured!!

19. Jennifer

October 8th, 2017 at 12:56 am

So lovely! I can feel their bond though the photos!

20. Kusum

October 8th, 2017 at 3:38 pm

Such a sweet couple and gorgeous photos! love the dress she is wearing

xx, Kusum

21. Morgan ellis

October 8th, 2017 at 9:35 pm

These are absolutely gorgeous! They’re going to treasure these forever, an anniversary, pregnancy and house, how magical!